Sunday, February 12, 2012

UPLB FEB FAIR BUG 2012



*singing* Take me back to Elbi...


I always loved being a groupie and getting my picture taken with grassroots bands and liking them even before others do. ^.~ I believe I was a hippy groupie in one of my past lives. ^.~

I would never get tired of going back to Elbi and next year, when I have more time to go on VL, I would plot my vacation to fall on Febfair. To hell with traveling to new places and such. But the past is a destination too. And once time travel is possible, I know the dates and years I would revisit would take me back to Elbi every time. I want to take pictures of that time, never to interfere. ^.^ I won't go Ericka Strange and undo my past mistakes.

Because if not for wild days in college and heartbreaks, I wouldn't be who I am now and I would be able to enjoy my self-proclaimed training to be an adult. It's not true you can't have the best of both worlds, still you have to remember that two people can exist in both the past in their heart and walk forward to the future to make the present part of the past.

Anyway, come wind or high water, alone or otherwise, I would go back to visit and see Elbi with eyes that knows that past and ignores the present. But I would enjoy ribbing the idiots who wear heels in the mountains without a need for it like perhaps, one of those crazy Thursday Elbi Nights.

And this time, I am sure I am cured completely of my February bug, no more picking up boys in a bar and trying to fall in love with the idea of love. I am an adult now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?