Thursday, February 17, 2011

Going Bananas

I accepted Pandabear's challenge not to eat rice starting from March. (He wants me to start now but I can't) And he has presented potatoes and bread as alternatives. I know from experience those stuff goes straight to my knockers so I decided to try to go back to the "banana alternative" diet that I did before. I literally forgot the great taste of rice because of that. It took me a week to get the love of rice back into my system. But I had better skin during that three weeks. When I started with rice, the pimples came back. So I am looking forward to that possible side effect. 


I can't eat just banana during my breakfast since that would probably kill me. I have to talk for several hours back to back and a light breakfast is never an option. So it's possible that I would combine my defunct oatmeal diet with the banana alternative thing.


I googled about the Morning banana diet and I go this: 

What is the Morning Banana Diet?

The diet plan itself is pretty simple: just eat a banana or two for breakfast, along with room temperature water, eat sensibly throughout the day, avoid alcohol and sugar (though a little sugary snack is allowed at 3 p.m. if you want it) and don’t eat anything after 10 p.m. More details are available at an English language Morning Banana Diet forum and diet journal site.

The magazine says the plan originally got a lot of publicity when an actress dropped 26 pounds on the diet and an opera singer slimmed by 15 pounds. The Osaka pharmacist who originally created the diet reportedly lost 38 pounds, and guinea pigs for the magazine lost six or seven pounds in a week on the plan.
How the banana diet works

The banana diet works, the magazine says, for a number of reasons. First off, eating any kind of breakfast offers a metabolism boost that may help you burn 300 more calories a day, and eating a banana or two only provides 100 or 200 calories, a much smaller breakfast than people who normally have a morning meal eat.

The carbohydrate in bananas known as resistant starch is said to speed fat burning by up to 25 percent throughout the day, and the fiber makes you feel fuller longer and can help block fat absorption.

Bananas also provide a decent amount of vitamin C, potassium and vitamin B6, which respectively can help the body burn more fat, prevent bloating and preserve muscle during weight loss. They also help the body make dopamine, which can help you feel satisfied and stress free on fewer calories.


(By Sarah E. White for CalorieLab Calorie Counter News)

Top Diets from Japan

The Morning Banana Diet – Free Diet Meal Plan

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... try ko kaya yan? Actually, payat na naman ako ngayon, eh... kaasar... =S

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?