Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lenten Penance

I haven't really done any church-going or praying these days. And I have definitely been remiss on all the fasting and the sacrificing that people have been talking about these days. I have an office mate who gave up cussing for holy week.

I gave up the bad kind of love not just for lent but for the rest of my life. ^.^

All I am saying, is that people need to stop being too religious when it comes to the things they so-so give up for Lent. If you know that it's bad for you and you are really a sane and God-fearing person, then give it up entirely. Don't negotiate with God because it makes you seem like a fair-weathered Catholic or whatever you might call yourself.

I talk to God, I include him in my life and I know that He knows that I am always thankful for all the things that I have. I also know why there are things and people that I don't have in my life. But I am thankful of the lessons that are given because of the things that I think I lack.

I gave up thinking that I am better than I really am. Not just for Lent but for my entire life. But that doesn't mean I would stop trying to improve myself. Because I won't.

I think we need to stop making these half-hearted, half-*ssed promises that only lasts for a few days. After the hype, why don't we live a life that He would be willing to give HIS for and leave it at that.

Because seriously, I can't handle the hypocrisy anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?