Tuesday, June 21, 2011

#Trust 30 : You Know by Jen Louden


Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

We live in a society of advice columns, experts and make-over shows. Without even knowing it, you can begin to believe someone knows better than you how to live your life. Someone might know a particular something better – like how to bake a three-layer molten coconut chocolate cake or how to build a website – but nobody else on the planet knows how to live your life better than you. (Although one or two people may think they do.) For today, trying asking yourself often, especially before you make a choice, “What do I know about this?”

+++

That hit me hard. T_T, I am beginning to think that I really need to move on from here to make sure that I get a better chance of helping my parents. At the rate things are going, the schedule is not enough to trump the money issues and the management mishaps. It's just amazing for me that I have stayed this long. 

Time to be an adult. 

I know that my mom is right that I should find an option that gives me a better chance of paying off my debts and saving up for my future. I need to make sure that I become street smart enough for my future. My friends are right that I am underemployed and underpaid. I might as well be underemployed but sufficiently paid. My parents are not getting any younger. I need to go somewhere where I don't have to buy water to make sure I don't go thirsty during my shift. 

My friends think I am in denial. 
I am aware of that. 
But once my condition for leaving Dante's Inferno is complete. I am hoping on the next train to Nirvana.

What do I know?

I know that I am not using up all of my potential and that time is running out for me to do it. I have let my fear get the better of me and that is not a great thing to be.

I know that I have my DARE TO BE GREAT MOMENTS coming and I should not let things like that pass me by.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Nina. :) We're both feeling the same way actually, just in different situations. Let's just hope that with the help of God we'll be able to land the right opportunities before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?