Friday, January 14, 2011

I learned something new

Define your existence not only based on what you want to do for the rest of your life but by how you want to be immortalized in the hearts of those you love and those who can learn from you. ^^

Today was really stressful for me. I wanted to throw things at people, honestly. I got new responsibilities on top of an already deadly list of things to do and the reason behind all of it is apparently because I am good at what I do. But what kind of reward is new work to do instead of time to rest? And what kind of people management skills is it when you cause more grief to people because you don't want to help them out to understand something? What kind of arrogance is it when you shift blame and point that you did it right when in fact, the people around you didn't all understand what the heck you wanted them to do.

I learned a lot from people today. I learned from Tiff that I should not make jokes or even open my tactless mouth when things are heated and really uncomfortable. And I really appreciate her for that. I learned that if a leader does her job well like a lioness cares for her cubs, even if you have a bad day at work, unity helps make it less confusing.

I learned never to confront bosses in a meeting because it makes them feel like they are being attacked. If you have issues, then you have to hash it out to them. Not one manager is like the other. But also, you have to understand that she is dedicated to do her job and she also has her own deadline. And that the difference of cultures can cause a big gap.

I learned that I need to read all work-related e-mails. I learned that I need to track all of my students in a file like an excel and not be too lazy about it.

I learned that even if you like your job, sometimes it's the other stuff that comes with it that pisses you off and you need to find a happy place before you become suicidal or worse, a crazed employee with a machine gun.

I learned that no good deed goes unpunished. I learned that I definitely don't want to get promoted ever again. I learned that I need to get my own net connection in my apartment so I need to expedite my wi-tribe application.

I learned that whatever you say or do, work is a business run by people who do things their way. You either bend over or leave. After all, they are paying you. Learn what you can and teach others once you get the hang of it.

Also, I also learned that one must always ask another person to proof-read one's memos or new policy rules. Wrong grammar in an online English company kinda defeats the whole purpose of it all.

I suddenly miss Miss Kim and Miss Tasha more and more. Gosh I even miss Miss Bella, now that you come to think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?