Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mass Hysteria Mom

I know my mom loves me and my siblings. I also know that moms would always be the most paranoid creatures in the universe. I can feel the love but sometimes I just want to take my mom by the arms and tell her to not believe everything she receives on her phone or sees on television.

I don't know if there would be any truth to the whole radiation leak and acid rain hooplah. But what I really want to do right now (well, I felt it since last night) is to bash the thumbs of the idiots who type messages then send it to people who are gullible enough under the circumstances and make them think that the world would end next year or that the rain would be bad for you.

The rain in this country has been bad for the people for decades now. Hello? You are just afraid of it now? Are you kidding me. *tries to regain posture*

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/pagasa-denies-rumors-acid-rain-ph-japan-20110313-221400-442.html

I really can't believe that there are people who would say "IDGAF" and still live with themselves. I would make her an internet pariah if I was that powerful.





I am not just saying this because I am an otaku, but we need to think of good things to say and do at times like this. Darn it, Japan literally went down and the day got shorter so why waste your time saying the stupidiest things?

Given that I say stupid things all the time, but really, draw a line in the sand, or drown in your own bile. It'll be good for all of us. And I am sure none of us would GAF.

Some jokes are funny. Others are just plain untimely.


Acid rain isn't what we should be worried about or the radiation leaks. It's the leak in the brain or morality of people that we should really worry about. It really ticks me off.

My students were worried about me when the earthquake and tsunami news hit their screens. I was grateful and I asked them if they were worried about anyone they knew who were in Japan. Luckily the people that they did know are safe. One of my students has a brother who is working in Tokyo. Their mom begged her brother to come back to Korea. I remembered my parents not so subtle ways of suggesting that I go back to Batangas to work and make a life for myself. Next time that happens I'd tell her that I am scared of getting washed out. But I would probably get an earful. My mom is not a big fan of back-talk. ^.^

In any case, I am glad that I had my mom to update me, my boyfriend to try to appease and my online friends who posted useful links that I can read about what is going on. If a person who is on the other side of the world can wonder how I am and worry if I am in trouble because of what happened in Japan, he's neither an offline friend or someone I would ever meet in this lifetime in person, I wonder how can those ingrates say the dumbest things and make fun of a catastrophe?

If those who are supposed to hate them because of the history behind the two people can help, how can you just be snide and arrogant about it?

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2933463

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?