Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas in Batangas

As I write this I am in Balagtas and my family along with other relatives are outside rocking "on the floor" on the karaoke. We had pancit, leche flan, spaghetti, ham with pineapples, litson, macaroni, barbeque, my dad's PINAKBET, rice and bread. Coke is of course ever present. Children are jumping and dancing, adults are singing and the men are drinking *I am from Batangas so this is super normal* But the fun and new thing this year, one of my aunt's nieces performed her gymnastics piece for us. ^.^ Did you have one of those in your parties this year, I think not.

It's fun to be home and be with my family. I always feel thankful for them. I think as I grow older, I realize just how important it is to know that when I come home, albeit the ribbing about my single status and my weight, that they are there to support me, applaud my achievements however small and that I know that my aunts would share the latest chismis and my uncles would let me take a shot of whatever they are having.

It's cold here in my aunt's place. It might not be a white Christmas but boy is it cold. I don't feel it though, because the warmth of family takes the place of a jacket.

Merry Christmas to all and I hope that you too know that your loved ones are there to celebrate this day whether you are near each other or are together in spirit.

To my friends and relatives abroad, to my students and colleagues, I hope you are in excellent spirits this eve.

Let us all be grateful of this year and hope that 2012 is better if not less tragic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?