Friday, December 2, 2011

ELBI PIE 15 : Rufo vs Raffles Warla Kung Warla



All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages.

As You Like It Act 2, scene 7, 139–143


Facebook Fanpage here


ICEBAG

Understanding the history (my icebag history at least)

Icebag plays were written by my Playwriting class proffessor Layeta Bucoy. She's a multi-awarded writer. She's published books, her play in antologies, won prizes, awards, recognition in doing her passion.

But most of all I am thankful for her believing that I can write. And pushing me to. I feel like I have let her down since I am going to go back to a job that is so far removed from the writing world but sometimes we have to make sacrifices. Not everyone can make it as a writer.


I was a part of Icebag since my Icebag 2. Once you are part of this production, it feels like family. Over the years, you become a main part of the production. I started as the girl who presses the play button. I have always been in the background. It is very stressful to have to learn timing and whatnot. One wrong move can make or break the show. Adlibs are left for actors not production staff members.

I loved being in production. I still get to use the things that I learned from being   a part of Icebag. Grace under pressure is one of them. I can smile through a scalding scolding for one. I have purple hearts from Icebag days and from my Elbi days. No boss can scare me or intimidate me.

+++


Kartoon Chemistry
Their song ICEBAG inspired playwright, Layeta Bucoy to write a play adopting the song's title gearing the band to release a soundtrack for the said play. The band was also chosen to write a theme song for the 2003 February Fair of UPLB, entitled "I want my LB life".
Aside from that, the UPLB JockTV produced music videos for the band's songs such as "Ngayon o Bukas Man", I want my LB life" and "Fratman.

Listen to Kartoon Chemistry here 

Kartoon Chemistry's pl.ayli.st here

+++

Let's Go Tarugo

Tarugo was like (man)Vagina monologues. I loved it since some of my favorite gay professors did strellar monologues there. Students who amazed us in their range of emotions and ability to make sex and love touching and alternative relationships more relatable.

+++

Elbi Pie

This is more like Icebag reloaded but still ultimately fun to watch. I met my ex after elbipie 14. Now I am going to Elbipie 15 and I am single again...hay. Such is life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?