Sunday, September 26, 2010

archive 080410



Bumming woes

I am a lot of things and most of the time I procrastinate. I spent the day in bed and I didn't realize that my roommates had gone to work and were now home. I had even forgotten to eat! The appetite suppressant that I drank must really work. But I fear that this kind of behavior isn't going to do me a lot of good in the future. For one thing, I am two days behind my deadline for Yo, Bo! Komiks. I really need to put all my energy on this tomorrow. I need to make it happen. I think I should try to find a place where I can do it without having to go through all the motions and not really doing anything.

I think getting unlimited internet isn't something that I should do often. It takes me out of my "need to do" pile into the humdrum of comments and notifications. I even went job browsing which was really disappointing. I even got a YM from a friend about that urgent online teaching opening at a place that she knows. But the pay was lower than I have ever worked for. And if it was that way I would prefer to work in the morning so that I can write in the afternoon. But it was 9-6, if I remember it correctly. Sure, that would put me in a day shift but I don't really think going back to Phone English would be good for me. I just hope that I can get my act together, my ID and forms together before I really need to get back to work. I realize that trying to do something when there is nothing to do is harder than trying to avoid doing something that you have to do. (Okay, I'll let you read that part again, just in case you need to.)

I managed to do a couple of significant things today, I got to click the quick apply button on four jobs from the same industry and I installed Skype on my PC. ^_^ If I really wanted to I could be a home-based teacher. But I don't really have my own room and it's pretty noisy where I live half of the time. With the abysmal signal that this place gets from my Smartbro, I can't imagine how slow the one that required a line. (I know it's faster but stay with me here, okay?) There are houses all around my apartment. It's apartment N for god's sake. And the one in front of it is apartment S. You get the picture. So it's a dead spot for signals.

I could try that, if I didn't have pimples on my face. ^_^ Or the fact that I actually suck at trying to make my own materials. I love making them but for specific students only. I don't think it would be a good idea to have the materials that I have archived and use them to earn money...it seems against my morals as a writer. (As a writer, because we all know I am an absentee Catholic - one who practices being a Catholic but doesn't go to Church often)

I guess I just got used to my routine. Around this time I would be eating dinner slash breakfast and trying to fall asleep. I would succeed at four and wake up at ten or eleven.

Oh well, change is constant. But that doesn't mean I have to be afraid of it. It's just darn inconvenient, that's all.

My friend made a topography video using this song. Train's "If It's Love". I think I have a new band that I like. ^_^ Or maybe just this song. I want to find that person too. ^_^ My friends have babies and husbands now. Even people who I never thought would get married and have children. (I think they are abandoning ship in pairs. T_T) Oh well. Now that I have a spare life vest, I need to find someone who is afraid to drown in the cold.

Here's TJ's topography project, if you can't see it...sorry but it might be on friends only. +_+;

While everybody else is getting out of bed
I'm usually getting in it
I'm not in it to win it
And there's a thousand ways you can skin it

My feet have been on the floor
Flat like an idle singer
Remember winger
I digress
I confess you are the best thing in my life

But I'm afraid when I hear stories
About a husband and wife
There's no happy endings
No Henry Lee
But you are the greatest thing about me

[Chorus]
If it's love
And we decide that it's forever
No one else could do it better
If it's love
And we're two birds of a feather
Then the rest is just whenever
And if I'm addicted to loving you
And you're addicted to my love too
We can be them two birds of a feather
That flock together
Love, love
Got to have something to keep us together
Love, Love
That's enough for me

Took a loan on a house I own
Can't be a queen bee without a bee throne
I wanna buy ya everything
Except cologne
'cause it's poison
We can travel to Spain where the rain falls
Mainly on the plain side and sing
'cause it is we can laugh we can sing
Have ten kids and give them everything
Hold our cell phones up in the air
And just be glad we made it here alive
On a spinning ball in the middle of space
I love you from your toes to your face

[Chorus]

You can move in
I won't ask where you've been
'cause everybody has a past
When we're older
We'll do it all over again

When everybody else is getting out of bed
I'm usually getting in it
I'm not in it to win it
I'm in it for you

If it's love
And we're two birds of a feather
Then the rest is just whenever
Then the rest is just whenever

If it's love
And we decide that it's forever
No one else could do it better
And if I'm addicted to loving you
And you're addicted to my love too
We can be them two birds of a feather
That flock together
Love, love
Got to have something to keep us together
Love, love
Got to have something to keep us together
Love, love
That's enough for me

Popout
Add starShareShare with note

    To Invest for the Old Me

    I just realized that the job I like (which is online teaching) and it's industry is not that set in stone. There is never any tenure here. So I decided that perhaps I can hit two birds, one closer and easier to hit than the other while the other is farther and higher, get a bank account that earns interests and a card that I can use to validate my paypal account. ^_^

    The thing is with me, I don't have any government IDs that banks like. I have a postal ID. Some snotty banks don't accept it. It's a secondary ID for them. I seriously experienced this several times so I have been reluctant to get a Unionbank EON card. It's the only card that I can use for Paypal that is not a credit card. I really don't want a credit card with my present financial maturity and compulsive buying tendencies.

    But I am 25 and I still owe my mom assorted debts that accumulated in tens of thousands. It's not for anything flimsy but for getting started in Makati and emergency reasons. The only silver lining is that I had already finished paying for Eros when I got booted out of E-lamp island.

    So I have a looping problem. And the solution is that I asked Deo to help me go to the main SSS office or somewhere I can get an SSS ID. He said I should have that E form that I got. So I need to remember to bring that next week. Then I need to get my TIN ID. But even at times I experienced that a bank person didn't like that ID either.

    To make the long story short I want two accounts, if I can keep the BDO cash card that I am using now, then that will be number one. WHEN I get my government IDs and a company ID (need to work on finding a job first) then I will get a BDO account that has a maintaining balance. It would be my "Expenses" account. Then I will use the EON card as a "Rainy Day" account/ "Vacation Fund" account or "For Online Expenditures" account. I might use it as my retirement account too. But maybe I would need to open a different one for that. Basically the money that is there would be used only when I need something for a super important emergency. It will never be drained and the maintaining balance needs to go untouched for maximum interest accumulation. ^_^

    Then, when I have something of a basket of investment eggs, I might take up Izah's suggestion on variable insurance. Who knows? I might just be able to do math in my head someday. ^_^

    At least for now, my goals are:

    1. Finish Yo,Bo! Komiks.
    2. SSS, TIN and NBI IDs and renewal
    3. Apply for a job.
    4. Make sure I don't touch my sep pay. (best would be to give it to my mom first for safe-keeping. she is not an atm mom anyway, she is a vault mom. ^_^)
    5. Get all requirements needed for my job.

    I read the How to Open page for the EON card and I think I might just be able to get one if and only if I get around to getting a TIN card. I was told an SSS card is like a dream in less than a year.

    Fill up an EON CyberAccount Application form;
      1. You can fill one up at the nearest UnionBank branch; or
    1. Claim your EON VISA Electron Kit from the branch you selected:
      1. Prepare your valid Identification Card(s)
          • Passport
          • Current Driver's License (accompanied by OR)
          • Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
          • Major Credit Cards with picture
          • Permit to Carry Firearms
          • New/Laminated Social Security System (SSS) / Government Services Insurance System (GSIS) / Tax Identification Number (TIN) Card
          • Company ID
          • Postal ID
          • Current School ID, for students ***
      2. Make photocopies of the Identification Card(s) you will present. This will save time in the release of your Welcome Kit (just in case the photocopier/scanner in the branch is busy/unavailable). We need to keep these on file.
      3. Make a personal appearance
      4. Bring P350.00 to cover the Visa electron annual fee.
    You may also bring your initial deposit (not required but recommended) so that you can start using your EON CyberAccount.

    Despite some disturbing letter pronunciation that made my head hurt, she did a pretty easy to understand how-to-video. So thanks!

    Popout


    Union Bank E-bay promo
    Add starShareShare with note

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      What do you think?